Dynamic Art Director with over 8 years experience building high-impact campaigns for top-tier brands (notably Fender and Samsung Mobile) on both agency and in-house teams in fast-paced, high-volume environments. Highly organized professional with proven record of managing complex initiatives, developing strong client & partner relationships, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Draws on BA in Cinematic Arts to tell compelling brand stories that command attention and enhance brand awareness. Leads teams from within, accessing & developing the strengths of individuals to drive productivity and morale. Willing to relocate to Orange County or San Diego and/or travel up to 25%.
I’m a creative and resourceful problem solver.
I’m a compassionate listener and leader.
I’m a steadfast and reliable advocate for the creative process.
I am a compelling and effective storyteller.
Customer and user experience is top-of-mind throughout every project.
I have extensive experience with international brands in expanding and executing complicated 360 marketing campaigns (with domestic and international partners).
I approach colleagues, cross-functional stakeholders and superiors with a calm and collected demeanor. I advocate for the work my team does and hold myself accountable for creative decisions.
I welcome challenges no matter the scale. I appreciate the value in taking steps back to evaluate the bigger picture. I calibrate my goals as a part of the greater team to arrive at the best approach.
I’m open-minded to any process-oriented optimization opportunities.
We can make an impact together.
University of Southern California2008/2010Cinematic Arts
Transferred from Loyola Marymount School of Film and Television Recording Arts program.
Fender Music Instruments Corp2018/2020Art Director
ART DIRECTOR: Furloughed due to Covid-19. Developed creative strategy in cooperation with multiple departments, including integrated marketing, social media, and product teams to increase brand awareness and expand customer base of digital and physical product businesses. Oversaw day-to-day operations of external partners including multiple design studios, production outfits, freelancers, and vendors to deliver high-impact creative solutions.
KEY COMPETENCIES: CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAMS, LEADERSHIP, VISUAL STORYTELLING, CREATIVE OPERATIONS
Enhanced brand visibility by creating imaginative Fender Play lifestyle photography spread
● Conducted extensive market research and crafted executive-level proposal for new brand direction
● Spearheaded all creative operations, including casting, shot-listing, production, and equipment preparation
● Secured approval from executives & board of directors and successfully launched new multichannel material utilized by product, marketing, social, growth and PR teams alike
KEY COMPETENCIES: STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT, PROBLEM SOLVING, CLIENT RELATIONS, REVENUE GROWTH, STYLE & BRAND GUIDES
Drove 220% YoY growth and streamlined communications by modernizing CMR email system
● Analyzed previous email system and drafted plan for overhaul in concert with CRM team
● Garnered stakeholder approval and constructed new system templates
● Created vendor and partner-friendly style guide for use in conjunction with templates
KEY COMPETENCIES: GRAPHIC DESIGN, COPYWRITING, ART DIRECTION, INNOVATION
Garnered 1M+ discount redemptions (4000% over goal) for online guitar lesson campaign during COVID-19 pandemic
● Produced messaging strategy and visual storytelling framework
● Coordinated satellite lifestyle photo shoot and assembled promotional package
● Launched campaign and broadened scope in response to exceedingly positive feedback
SENIOR DESIGNER: Conceived and oversaw strategic marketing campaigns & projects for various brands including Samsung Mobile, Ketel One Vodka, T-Mobile, Diageo, Activision and more. Built and cultivated creative partnerships. Enhanced brand visibility and scale by crafting and managing product launches. Conducted market research, tracked consumer responses, and adjusted sales techniques to increase profitability. Reported directly to VP Channel Marketing.
KEY COMPETENCIES: CLIENT RELATIONS, CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAMS, LEADERSHIP, RESEARCH
Improved client satisfaction by assembling creative team to identify and address customer issues
● Established groundwork for new department by assembling necessary data and materials
● Developed strong relationship by acting as singular point of contact for client’s creative needs
● Reinforced relationship and built trust through regular follow-ups
KEY COMPETENCIES: CLIENT RELATIONS, COLLABORATION, PROBLEM SOLVING, MULTICHANNEL MARKETING COLLATERAL
Drove team, as principle creative touchpoint, on major highly confidential Samsung Galaxy 8 product launch
● Conducted in-person strategy meetings with Samsung executives and other ad agencies in NYC
● Collaborated with cross-agency team to produce key art in multiple formats
● Distributed large volume marketing packages to vendors and other critical personnel
KEY COMPETENCIES: ART DIRECTION, CLIENT RELATIONS, PRINT PRODUCTION, REVENUE GENERATION, P&L ACCOUNTABILITY
Garnered new business by revamping Diageo predictive calendar into visually arresting format
● Conducted exhaustive graphic and design research to unearth new ideas
● Drafted and presented 3 design options for client review and approval
● Collected, organized, and integrated massive amounts of data and imagery into improved calendar
Myriad Travel Marketing2014/2015Creative Services Manager & Designer
CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER & DESIGNER: Designed and delivered marketing collateral to print publications and online properties. Oversaw day-to-day operations of creative team. Developed strong relationships with vendors and other support personnel. Ensured judicious and timely execution of artistic concepts.
KEY COMPETENCIES: PROBLEM SOLVING, PROJECT MANAGEMENT & DELIVERY, INNOVATION, COST/BENEFIT ANALYSIS
Drove 28% increase in efficiency by developing project management system
● Analyzed current management system, surveyed employees, and itemized feedback
● Researched and proposed new system to leadership after compiling data on multiple options
● Facilitated implementation of system software and conducted end-user training
KEY COMPETENCIES: BRAND AWARENESS, INNOVATION, PROBLEM SOLVING, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, COST ANALYSIS
Bolstered online presence by overhauling Sceptre Travel agency website
● Examined website features and discerned several shortfalls
● Constructed visually commanding mockup with updated logo, typeface, and graphics
● Presented new model to client and garnered immediate approval
KEY COMPETENCIES: ART DIRECTION, PRINT PRODUCTION, GRAPHIC DESIGN, BRANDING
Increased Costa Mesa Travel Guide brand visibility by redesigning directory
● Scrutinized all visual and informational facets of current guide to implement changes
● Formatted improved guide for translation to digital and online platforms
● Maximized new design for use in large visual displays, including billboards and bus signs
Significant Productions2011/2014Digital Producer
NBC/Mark Burnett Productions "The Voice"2011/2012Music Coordinator
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.