In over 20 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer, Art Director, and Instructor in graphic arts, I’ve had the opportunity to work on a host of different types of projects including:
• Print publications and collateral
• Web/UI design support
• Online graphics and ads, animated and still
• Branding guides
• POS signs
• Booth graphics
• Photoshoot production and direction
• Electronic publications
• Graphics for Instagram, Facebook, etc
• Art installations and shows
I thrive in a busy, collaborative, environment and am highly organized, a self-starter capable of juggling multiple projects and deadlines while working within budget. As an example: When I was the only designer on staff at a large city tourism bureau, I single-handedly produced over 300 pieces of collateral over a span of eight weeks in order to meet a tight deadline. In the end, all needed materials were produced mistake free, on-time, and within budget.
My background as an Art Director, along with my teaching experience at several area colleges, afforded me the privilege of mentoring groups of designers and learning to guide others in the area of graphics arts. I am good at working in teams, and I enjoy mentoring. I am adept and at ease making presentations in front of large groups of people, which helps me to present ideas and work with client groups.
Additionally, I am set up for remote work and able to start immediately.
I believe my industry experience together with my people skills would make me a great addition to your team.
California State University, Fullerton8/1985 to 6/1991Bachelor's in Art/Design
Visit Anaheim4/2008 to 4/2020Senior Desinger
• Created small and large scope print and digital projects from concept to completion
• Met with internal and external clients to determine project goals
• Tracked multiple project workflows for changes, status, and approvals
• Worked with vendors on pricing, execution and on-time delivery of collateral
• Assured that brand standards were met across all platforms
• Performed Art Director duties
• Sample projects: photo retouch and compositing, digital and print publications, illustrations, logo design, UI design, IG animations, FB ads, online ads, large scale print graphics, presentation graphics and art installations
Miller's Print1/2007 to 4/2008Senior Designer
• Produced client-driven print collateral projects
• Met with clients to determine scope and goals of final art
• Interfaced with vendors
• Coordinated project traffic and scheduling
• Performed Art Director duties
• Other skills utilized: Ripping film, printing oversized graphics via Epson poster maker and routine website design and maintenance
Platt College1/1997 to 1/2007Professor of Graphic Design
• Taught design principles and related software
• Created and instructed workshops in Adobe After Effects
• Wrote curriculum for numerous design related courses
• Reviewed student projects and suggested improvements
• Mentored students on career goals and artistic pursuits
• Additional duties included: coordinating and implementing student portfolio reviews, teaching photography basics, supervising campus art shows
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.