I’m Kelly Johnson, and I like to draw silly things. I currently live and work in Southern California as a Graphic Artist. I attended the Laguna College of Art and Design in Laguna Beach for four glorious years and earned my BFA in Illustration there.
I love to mix traditional and digital medias, sticking mainly to graphite, ink, and the Adobe Creative Suite. Most of my work reflects a graphic and fun, cartoony style.
Laguna College of Art and Design09/2010 - 05/2013BFA Illustration
JINX, INC10/2015 - 07/2020Graphic Artist
I have experience working with and designing products for the following licencors: Mojang, Blizzard, CDProjektRed, Psyonix, Bioware, Ubisoft, LucasArts, and Blue Hole/PUBG Corp.
As a Graphic Artist at J!nx, my responsibilities include-
– Illustrating and designing graphics for licensed apparel using Adobe Creative Suite
– Designing and applying graphics to licensed accessories and custom apparel
– Working with fellow artists in the art department to complete time sensitive and crucial projects
– Creating tech packs and performing quality control checks on custom apparel designs
– Conducting out of office market research and preparing trend boards for department meetings
– Communicating with vendors to ensure proper production of designed products
Art of Kelly Johnson01/2010 - PresentIllustrator / Self Employed
I complete freelance illustration, personal commissions, and exhibition work using full color traditional and digital illustration techniques.
Clients include Parks Project, Atropos Apparel, Hyp3rDrive, Warmachine / Hordes Championship Teams, and more.
I have a line of print, enamel pin, and sticker products that I sell in an online store, as well as at conventions like DesignerCon.
Of note – I love building relationships with clients over the course of a project, while making sure their needs have been met in a professional and timely manner. I think that attention to detail makes all the difference.
Prevail Games06/2015 - 09/2015Concept Artist
I designed three unique, inclusive characters and provided key art for each. They were to be included in a game called Bridge to Solas, created by Prevail Games.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.