Redondo Beach, CA
Dear Recruiting team,
In response to your exciting job posting, I have attached my resume for your review and consideration.
Years of hands on creative visionary experience in every aspect of branding, packaging, marketing collateral in different industries gives me confidence that I can offer exactly what you are looking for in an Art Director. Please consider some of my successes.
• Led branding and packaging development that was key driver for 5 years of highest revenue growth in Hot Wheels® 50-year history, nearly quadrupling brand globally to historic high, approaching $1B in global revenue in 2019!
• Led a team of designers to develop package designs, branding direction, and the development for various iconic licensed brands, including Star Wars®, Batman™, Ghostbusters®, Justice League™, Minecraft™ and more. Winning several Graphic Design awards for packaging and branding over consecutive years.
• While at Skechers USA, I was responsible for the creative execution of numerous packages, POP, merchandising displays, strategic fashion photo shoots, and marketing collateral. Led creative of several in-house and licensed brands, such as TAPOUT®, Bebe Sport®, Zoo York®, and Ecko Unlimited.
My proven ability to increase revenue and profitability by building and consolidating market presence through a range of successful creative visionary strategies can be put to excellent use in a progressive, forward thinking organization as yours. I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss the position and how I can add value to your creative team.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
OTIS College Art and Design1996/2000BFA-- Communications Arts (Graphic Design & Illustration)
Degree in Communications Arts , with an emphasis on Graphic Design and Illustration. Graduated with 3.878 GPA
Mattel2010-2020Key Lead Art Director
Acted as Art Director and creative lead on Hot Wheels® packaging team for the “Number 1 selling toy in the world!” Developed line-look strategies and creative direction for other brands in Mattel portfolio.
• Led packaging development that was key driver for 5 years of highest revenue growth in Hot Wheels® 50-year history, nearly quadrupling brand globally to historic high, approaching $1B in global revenue in 2019!
• Tasked with creating branding for new, innovation-driven IP within Hot Wheels®, called Hot Wheels™ id, that combined digital and physical play, won multiple packaging industry awards, and achieved strategic launch partnership with Apple’s retail stores.
• Art directed best-in-class, award-winning packaging for Hot Wheels® brand segments, including Star Wars®, Track Builder™, Action, City Tracks & Play Sets, and Hot Wheels® RC. Expanding brand’s ages and stages strategy.
• Expanded skillset in action figure arena by leading the package design, and development for licensed action figure brands, including Batman™, Man of Steel™, DinoTrux®, Justice League™, WWE®.
• Led rebrand of WWE® packaging business, leading to sales increases from 2011-2014, and further cementing continued partnership with WWE®.
• Developed effective, multifaceted design projects simultaneously, including; logos, POP displays, marketing collateral, and style guides while meeting projected timelines.
Skechers2008-2010Lead Designer, Creative Services
Led creative execution of packages, POP/ merchandising displays, and marketing collateral. Creative direction and development on in-house and licensed brands, including TAPOUT®, Bebe Sport®, Zoo York®, Ecko Unlimited™.
• Directed fashion photo shoots that were executed to highest quality standards resulting in effective marketing campaigns that surpassed global sales projections.
• Presented and delivered projects with strong concepts that targeted strategic objectives and led to stronger brand presence at retail stores and e-commerce globally.
ACTIVISION/ BLIZZARD2006-2008Senior Designer, Creative Services
Managed creative execution of packaging, POP merchandising, branding, and marketing collateral for AAA video game titles.
• Art directed and developed award-winning packaging and branding for AAA game titles, including World of Warcraft®, StarCraft™, Diablo III™, Ghostbusters®, and Spyro the Dragon™.
• Presented projects with strategically led concepts that targeted key marketing objectives, leading to a stronger retail presence against video game competition globally.
• Managed external vendors and resources effectively to find cost-effective solutions for printing, POP display execution, and photography, leading to 18% annual reduction in outside spend.
Designed for boutique design house. Responsible for design and execution of creative projects for dozens of clients.
• Developed packaging, apparel, and branding for major clients, Activision, EA Games, Encore Entertainment, Take 2 Interactive, leading to 24% increase in continued company growth.
• Storyboarded pitch videos, commercials, and animatics leading to 33% increase in company’s video / editing business.
• Revised and rebranded corporate identity and website, leading to 44% increase in business and web traffic.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.