I have two decades of experience in media through print/digital/social platforms, and am a proven leader of creative teams. I’m on the hunt for a new role within a creative industry, hoping to craft engaging stories, develop brands and connect with an inclusive community.
My portfolio will give you a glimpse of the many diverse projects I’ve worked on, and my resume will overload you with the details – but meeting me and seeing my enthusiasm first hand is highly recommended!
Also, I’ve been trying to fill out this form without success for several minutes now, and the prompt tells me to fill out this field…even though I already have! Now I’m just blabbering to myself hoping that I hit that sweet word count and this application flies through cyberspace and into your awaiting hands!
Hagerty MediaNovember 2021Senior Editor
Hagerty is an automotive lifestyle brand for people who love cars and love driving them.
– Working across Hagerty’s growing portfolio of print media titles including the flagship Hagerty Drivers Club magazine and Radius, a limited-circulation glossy aimed at high-end car collectors.
– As part of the editorial Hagerty Media team, I work with directors, and organizers of Hagerty owned and operated events, as well as freelance writers and photographers.
– Responsible for managing specific sections of various publications and for helping to conceive and execute stories of all sizes and scopes while maintaining the highest editorial standards.
Bentley University2/21-10/21Senior Associate Director for Strategic Content
– Managed a team that tells Bentley University’s story in multiple formats, including online stories, photos, video, graphics and social media
– Created content that supports the university’s key messages and overall brand
– Curated online newsroom to share stories from staff, faculty, students and alumni
– Oversaw team of writers, photographers and designers
– Managed the university’s main social media platforms
– Formatted stories in Drupal for external audiences
– Aided in creation of internal communications such as monthly newsletters and emails
– Worked with faculty, deans and cabinet members to revise and reorganize webpages for optimum strategic content
WPI2012-2021Managing Editor/Creative Director
− Edited WPI’s award-winning 60-page university magazine, WPI Journal, the flagship communications vehicle for the alumni, faculty and staff, trustees, and friends of one of the nation’s top STEM-based universities
− Oversaw all content development and production for this quarterly publication at WPI, directing a team of 20 freelance and staff writers, photographers, graphic designers, and artists
− Devised design themes, create schedules, set deadlines, and draft pagination for the Journal and a host of other university publications
− Art directed all photo shoots; manage all illustration projects within the publication
− Collaborate with Alumni and Development departments on developing strategic copy for the Journal
− Accomplishments include:
o Spearheaded a redesign of the Journal that included a new size, design theme, editorial strategy, and high-quality paper; the result was a cleaner, sharper, more easily browsed periodical with a greater emphasis on original art and high-quality photography
o Also engineered the transformation of what had been a more traditional alumni magazine into a true university publication, with expanded coverage of research, student project work, faculty and student accomplishments, and university news
o Developed a new strategic approach to distribution that put the publication in the hands of key external audiences, including presidents, provosts, admissions officers, and deans at other national universities, significantly contributing to the university’s efforts to raise its visibility and reputation among key peer institutions
o Thoroughly revamped the Journal’s online strategy and the online internal publication itself through a complete redesign and editorial overhaul
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org